Friday, July 19, 2013

While the Garza suspense builds, a new Sports Talk radio station prepares to launch

I have been waiting and waiting all day long to write this post because I was hoping to write about the Texas Rangers acquiring pitcher Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs. That deal is nearly done, but I can't wait any longer to write my blog as the day is almost over. 

In my very first blog I said that I was going to work for a radio station that was flipping to an ESPN affiliate. Well we finally have our launch date. Tuesday morning, July 22 if you tune into 1460 KCLE out of Cleburne, Texas and expect to hear Texas Country/Classic Country music well...I'm sorry but you won't find it here. Starting Tuesday we will be known as Sports Talk 1460 ESPN. The morning show, called "The Starting Line," will air 6a-9a followed by Trade Fair (very popular show that we didn't dare get rid of) 9a-11a. Then starting at 11a, we will have ESPN network programming. As we move along, an afternoon show will launch but that isn't for a little while yet.



Yours truly will be not only the Production Manager (my current title), but also the afternoon show producer as well as a social media/website assistant. Our website is under construction and we hope to have it up and running next week. You will be able to hear the station online (I'll give the link to the station website when it's ready). We will carry Texas Rangers baseball, ESPN Sunday Night Football, Burleson/Cleburne/Mansfield ISD football, (hopefully) Baylor football, and TCU basketball. Possibly will add more as we go along. Hope you will tune in if you can on Tuesday morning to the Starting Line 6a-9a. It's going to be fun. I'm extremely excited. We've been working hard. Hope you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment