Friday, July 12, 2013

Love the Mavericks signing of Monta Ellis despite what Shan Shariff of 105.3 The Fan says...

News broke earlier today that the Mavericks had worked out a sign-and-trade deal with the Milwaukee Bucks to acquire Monta Ellis. This adds Ellis to a back court that includes Jose Calderon, Devin Harris, and rookie Shane Larkin. This is a great move for the Mavericks. I was shocked and very excited to hear that the Mavs had gotten Ellis. I mean Ellis is a scorer, something that the Mavs didn't have last year outside of Dirk. He has averaged 19.4 PPG and 4.7 APG for his career. He is a guy who knows how to get to the basket and score. So I am all aboard on this signing by Mark Cuban.

But if you are a 105.3 The Fan fan and follow some of their show hosts on twitter, you would have noticed that one Shan Shariff from New School is NOT a fan of this signing. At 4:11pm today (7-12-13) Shan tweeted "Monta Ellis is a foolish, stubborn signing by Cuban. Worst place to be in the NBA is in the middle. Had the chance to suck and they blew it. #Mavs." 

Shan...why so upset over a signing that will definitely be a big help for the Mavericks? I don't get it. The team needs to try and win any year they can. Why try to rebuild now if they can win and potentially make a playoff run this year? I don't understand wanting your team to be bad. 

Then about 20 minutes later, when responding to a fan's tweet Shan said this: "Sorry man, I'm just so pissed. Cuban's stubbornness approaching Jerry level. That ain't good." I don't see how Shan can compare the Ellis signing to anything Jerry Jones has ever done. Ellis isn't a problem child like Terrell Owens was, he doesn't suck like Miles Austin or Doug Free, and he can actually play unlike Dan Connors. So please Mr. Shariff, explain to me how Ellis coming to the Mavericks is like anything that Jerry Jones has ever done? That statement doesn't make sense. Shan...dude I love your show. I think you and RJ Choppy are two of the best in the business. But I have to disagree with you on the Monta Ellis signing. I invite and welcome you to comment on this article and engage with me in a friendly debate..


No comments:

Post a Comment