Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sports at a low today, so here is a good deed opportunity for you.

There are times when sports are at a minimum. Today is definitely one of those days. Last night was the ESPY Awards, but I honestly don't care about the ESPY Awards. I will say congratulations to all of the winners. Good job.

Since there isn't much of any sports to talk about today, I thought I'd present to you a great opportunity to help out a good cause. I have teamed up with a nonprofit organization known as Manna World Wide to help them get shoes to children in third world countries. I have traveled with this organization to Kenya, East Africa on a trip in 2011 and they are an amazing organization. They built feeding centers for countries all over the world, provide medical attention for the people, and provide clothing and other basic needs for these people. There are kids all over the world who need a pair of shoes. They walk everywhere bare footed, which leads to them getting all kinds of diseases through their feet. Manna wants to supply as many kids as they can with shoes. For only a $20 donation, a pair of shoes will be given to a child in your honor and you will receive a picture of the child receiving your shoes.

Contact me for more info if you are interested at jrh0234@gmail.com. Tomorrow I'll be back with another sports topic, but I felt it was the right thing to do to present you folks with this good deed opportunity. As you can see from the pics, I tried to spread some Longhorn pride to Africa. It worked out pretty good. The video is from my brother and sister-in-law's trip to Kenya, Africa in 2010. I went with the them on the same trip in 2011.





No comments:

Post a Comment