Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thank You Ranger Fans.

If you have followed my blog since it's beginning, then you might remember my very first blog on June 23rd about how I'm still a fan of Josh Hamilton, I didn't think Ranger fans acted appropriately to his return with the Angels in April, and how I pleaded with Ranger fans to step up and be better than what they showed.

Last night I went to the Rangers/Angels game. It was definitely a great game. We knocked C.J Wilson around early, fell behind late, and came roaring back to win on a Leonys Martin game winning three-run home run. It was awesome. But what impressed me the most all night was how Rangers fans seemed to do what I was asking them to do back in June. They didn't go too far in their distaste for Josh Hamilton. Yes they booed and rightfully so. But it didn't linger like in April, you didn't see banners and signs trashing him, and you haven't (so far anyway) heard stories about fans cussing his wife and kids out. I'm very proud of Ranger fans. They are starting to let go of their hatred for Josh Hamilton (to some degree anyway) and are starting to focus on cheering the Rangers onto victory.

Maybe fans aren't paying so much attention to Hamilton since he is only hitting .223 with 15 home runs and 45 RBI as of today (7-31-13). Maybe fans are leaving Hamilton alone more now since the Angels are 14 games out of first place in the AL West and 9 games behind the Rangers. Whatever the reason is, good job Ranger fans for being willing to let things go and let Hamilton be. Check out www.sports1460espn.com for my blog and for other blogs from the hosts of Sports Talk 1460 ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment