Friday, July 12, 2013

2013 College Football Preview

Well one of the great things about July is...college football starts in a month. That's right. College football is almost here. If I had to choose between college football and pro football, my choice would be college football every time. Nothing the NFL has can beat Texas-OU weekend or LSU-Alabama weekend. Every year a Pre-Season Top 25 is published. Here is this year's Pre-Season Top 25 as of July 12, 2013 with their 2012 record according to ESPN.com:

1. Ohio State (12-0)
2. *Alabama (13-1)
3. Oregon (12-1)
4. Louisville (11-2)
5. Stanford (12-2)
6. Texas A&M (11-2)
7. Georgia (12-2)
8. South Carolina (11-2)
9. Michigan (8-5)
10. Notre Dame (12-1)
11. Florida (11-2)
12. Clemson (11-2)
13. Texas (9-4)
14. Florida State (12-2)
15. Oklahoma State (8-5)
16. LSU (10-3)
17. Oklahoma (10-3)
18. TCU (7-6)
19. UCLA (9-5)
20. Kansas State (11-2)
21. Boise State (11-2)
22. Nebraska (10-4)
23. USC (7-6)
24. Northwestern (10-3)
25. Wisconsin (8-6)
*National Champions

I am excited for college football season because this season means we are one year closer to getting rid of the BCS system and going to a playoff system. I love the playoff system. I think it will make for some exciting football in January. Think about last season. Do anyone really think Notre Dame or Alabama deserved to be in the National Championship game? I certainly don't. If you go by records, then it should have been Ohio State and Texas A&M. Yes I know Alabama won the SEC, but A&M dominated them in their match up in mid-season. If there had been a playoff system, then A&M and Alabama would have had a chance to find out who deserved to play for a National Championship. Then if the Crimson Tide and Fighting Irish made it through the playoffs, then there wouldn't have been any question that they were worthy of playing in that game. But to just hand it to them was wrong. I am a Texas Longhorn fan...HOOK 'EM BABY!!! But I'm not such a homer that I think Texas will make it to the National Championship game or even a BCS game for that matter. As a Longhorn fan, we just gotta hope for a better year. I know we were 9-4, but under Texas standards that is horrible. We have some of the best runningbacks in all of college football. Texas' biggest problem is not having a decent quarterback. McCoy isn't like his brother. Instead of having a quarterback by committee like last season, we need a steady guy in the huddle taking control. This season kicks off with one heck of a game...LSU vs. TCU at Cowboys Stadium. That will be a great game to see what two of the top teams in the country are really made of. My prediction for the 2013 season: LSU will defeat Oregon in the National Championship. That's just my prediection though. What is your prediction? What team do you love and what do they need to do in order to win a National Championship? Leave me a comment and let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment