Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chicago Blackhawks: 2013 Stanley Cup Champions

This blog will be shorter than most. I just wanted to say congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the 2013 Stanley Cup. My Dallas Stars were not in the playoffs, so I (like I always do in sports when my team isn't in the playoffs) picked a couple different teams in the playoff to root for in order to keep interested in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I chose three teams to follow and cheer on for a few different reasons. The first team I cheered hard for was the Boston Bruins. Being a huge Dallas Stars fan, I became a big Jaromir Jagr fan really quickly this year. I was sad when I found out that the Stars traded him to Boston. So in the playoffs, I cheered for the Bruins because I wanted to see Jagr get another Stanley Cup championship. The second team I cheered for was the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Stars traded their captain, Brenden Morrow, to Pittsburgh during the season and I thought it'd be good for him to get a shot as well to win a Stanley Cup. The third team I chose to cheer on during the playoffs was the Chicago Blackhawks. I had no other reason to cheer Chicago on except that other than the Stars, there isn't many teams in the Western Conference I care for. I have a friend who is a die hard Hawks fan. So I went along with him during the playoffs...until the Finals. When it got down to the Hawks vs. Bruins, I had to go with Jagr and Boston. But tonight the team I wanted to win fell short, losing to the Hawks 3-2 to lose the series 4-2. Congrats to Chicago. One of the best Stanley Cup Finals I've seen in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment