Monday, March 12, 2018

OU??? Really???

I’ve never claimed to be a big time basketball guy. I like the NCAA Men’sTournament, but I don’t watch a whole lot of college basketball, or basketball in general. But this basketball season I’ve paid closer attention to college basketball.


 I’m trying really hard to understand something, but so far I can’t wrap my mind around this one. On Thursday (3/15) the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament will begin and the Oklahoma Sooners are a 10-seed in the tournament and will be taking on 7-seed Rhode Island. How on God’s green Earth did Oklahoma make it to the tournament? It makes absolutely no sense. They finished 9th in the Big 12, only ahead of Iowa State. But schools ahead of them (Baylor, Oklahoma State) didn’t make the tournament. Oklahoma finished 8-10 in Big 12 play, were swept by Texas, and lost 8 of their last 10 including an 11-point loss to Oklahoma State (71-60) in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament.

Selection committee: please explain to me just how can you justify Oklahoma being in the NCAA Tournament? It makes no sense whatsoever. Baylor or Oklahoma State should have been in before Oklahoma. The Sooners were not deserving and will get their butts kicked and out of the tournament after round one. Normally I don’t have an issue with the selection committee on who gets into the tournament, but you guys really screwed this one up.


Sorry Oklahoma and OU fans, but you don’t deserve to be in the tournament. Well…not the NCAA Men’s Final Four Tournament anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment