Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why do we have to have NCAA Football preseason polls?



NCAA Football season is fixing to get going and I'm very excited. I love watching college football. You never know from week to week what's going to happen. I'm a big Texas Longhorns fan so...HOOK 'EM HORNS!!! But one thing I've never understood is the preseason polls. That has to be one of the most stupid things I've ever seen.

Here's why I don't like preseason polls. I know you can go by who is coming back to the team, what kind of prospects these schools have, etc. But no honestly knows what these teams will look like until a few weeks into the season. To say that Alabama is number 1 going into the season or Texas A&M is number 6 is just asinine to me. How do we know that the new guys in the Alabama offensive line will block as well as last year's team? How do we know that Johnny Manziel (should he not be suspended) be as good as he was last year? We don't. At least not until a few weeks into the year.

What needs to happen is...NO POLLS AT ALL until at least week 3 or 4. By then, we will have a better understanding of what these teams are all about. If at that point, Alabama has beaten everyone like they are expected to do, then ok. Rank them number 1. But we shouldn't just assume they are the best before we see them play.

Check out my blog also at www.sports1460espn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment