Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Things I Observe In The World Of DFW Sports

I tell you what...it's hard to stay up with this blog and do my daily routine at work. It's always good to be busy and working, but it makes it hard to write blogs very often. So I am thinking I will write periodically instead of daily or weekly. I will write as much as I can. Thanks to all of y'all for reading it. I appreciate it.

First of all...Week 1 of the NFL is in the books. I have a message for all you people who the Cowboys seemed to personally affect by beating the Giants 36-31 on Sunday night. Here is my message to all of you...IT'S ONLY ONE GAME!!! That's right y'all. I get it that the Cowboys are 1-0 and that there were things about the win that were ugly, but it's only one game. And this message is for all sides. If you are a Cowboys fan, don't go around saying "ohh look we are going to be better than last year. We are going to the playoffs and even may have a shot at the Super Bowl." You don't know what this team will look like because they beat the New York Giants in week one. Remember they beat the Giants in New York last year and we all know how they finished. So you don't know from one game how good they will be this year. Now on the flip side...all you Cowboy haters need to also chill out. It's been documented well here that I'm not a big Tony Romo fan. But with that said, he had a good game on Sunday night. He made plays he needed too. Yes their offensive line needs work, but they played better than I thought they would. The defensive needs to step it up in stopping points from being put on the board, but give them some credit for the 6 turnovers. I know you can't stand the Cowboys and that's fine. But stop with all the "Romo still sucks" and "it's just the first of only eight wins this year" crap. Like I said...I'm not a Romo fan either, but the man can play football. The same goes for you Cowboy haters as does for the Cowboy fans...IT'S ONLY ONE GAME!!! You don't know if the Cowboys are going to go 8-8 this year. They could go 15-1 or 1-15. After one game...no one knows for sure. So stop with all the crap. It's old and boring.

Secondly...the Rangers are starting to make me think they are done. They have sucked it up since their 20-7 August. They are only 2-7 in the month of September at the time of this article. They can't hit and can't field. Pitching has been good, but when you have to be perfect in order to get a win you won't win many ballgames. If the offense doesn't get things going and get them going soon, they will be doing what all of us will be doing when the playoffs start...watching the playoffs from our couch.





Thirdly...hockey is back this week. WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! The Dallas Stars will open their 2013 Training Camp on Thursday, the 12th, from the Ft. Worth Convention Center. Their first preseason game is this Sunday, the 15th, against the St. Louis Blues from American Airlines Center. I think the Stars are poised to return to the postseason. New GM Jim Nill made some big moves in the offseason by hiring Lindy Ruff as the new head coach and acquiring Tyler Seguin from the Boston Bruins and Sergei Gonchar from the Ottawa Senators. On the Sports Sandbox on Sports Talk 1460 ESPN, President Jim Lites talked about how this team is ready to get back on the ice and ready to make a serious run at a playoff birth this year. Last year, the team was fun to watch with all the youth. Now with a young superstar like Seguin and veteran leadership like Gonchar, I'm excited to see just how this  team will do this season. It's going to be tough as the NHL has realigned the divisions. The Stars will no longer see the Detroit Red Wings nearly as much as they did in years past, but will have to face the Chicago Blackhawks (winners of Lord Stanley's Cup 2 of the last 5 years) more than in previous years. So it will be tough, but it will be fun for sure.

Fourthly...Johnny Manziel needs to just go away. Coach Sumlin, if he was a true man of integrity, would bench Manziel and keep that idiot off the field. He is disrespectful to his coach, his team, and his school. He is a disgrace to the game of football and to the entire human race. He needs to just shut up and go home and never be seen or heard from in the media ever again.



Lastly...No one cares about the Dallas Mavericks. They have done nothing to really improve themselves and I fear that this season will a mirror of next year. That's all I've got to say about the Dallas Mavericks.

So there you have it. My observations about the sports world in DFW. As other things crop up, I'll write about them. But this helps get my sports feelings out of my system for now. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment